EVOLUTION RACEWERKS N55 CHARGEPIPE UPGRADE KIT - F2X M235i | F3X 335i, 435i | F87 M2
-2 in stock
*PRE-ORDER: ORDERS WILL SHIP MID-JUNE!* (VRSF OUT OF STOCK, PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR EVOLUTION RACEWERKS ALTERNATIVES!)
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Replaces the factory soft plastic charge pipe that is prone to breaking under high boost.
- Throttle body matched 3" piping.
- Retains factory style o-ring throttle body lock flange. Precision CNC machined throttle body flange ensures leak free connection to throttle body. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to throttle body. Ideal connection compared to the silicone hose and hose clamp connection found in all other aftermarket charge pipe upgrades available in the marketplace.
- Precision CNC machined MAP sensor flange ensures leak free connection.
- Charge Pipe features beaded ends and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Silicone Hump Hose included.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Compatible with the factory electronic diverter valve.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Turn up the boost with a tune and find your $400.00 factory charge pipe break apart? You are not alone as this is a common situation with many enthusiast in this situation. The factory charge pipe is made out of plastic and was not designed to handle the higher boost levels. Well, fear not! The solution is here! Replace it with a higher flowing, stronger aluminum charge pipe! Made 100% of 6061 high grade aluminum, this will never happen again (backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty)!
Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. We used 6061 aluminum (lightweight) mandrel bent piping to ensure smooth transitions. The upper pipe features 3" piping to match up to the factory throttle body (factory pipe is 2.5"), ensuring maximum flow without obstruction.
We were the first manufacturer to duplicate the factory throttle body flange with our N54 charge pipe. We bring the same thing to the N55 charge pipe. During our research and development, the connection at the throttle body was looked over very carefully. The factory charge pipe is connected to the throttle body using an o-ring inside the throttle body flange which is locked in place by a c-clip, which works very well. It also make removal/installation quick and easy. Our testing had shown it could hold quite a bit of boost. During our testing, we had pressure tested this connection up to 25 PSI. The reason why we stopped at 25 PSI was because at 25 PSI, one of the intake pipes on the turbo blew off and we could not test any higher. Hoewver, we were confident that it would easily hold over 25 PSI as the throttle body flange showed no signs of failing. Also, keep in mind, this type of connection is used throughout the engine, in many crutial areas like the coolant radiator system as well as the clutch system. If BMW did not believe in the durability of this type of connection, they would not use it in such important areas.
Many of our competitors use a silicone hose connection for the throttle body connection. It is not designed for a silicone hose connection which is used by all the other brand diverter valve pipe upgrades in the market. The throttle body lip is too short and there are no "beads" to prevent the silicone hose from blowing off under boost. Even though it is the easiest way to "rig" together, it is not ideal. The best way to connect the new diverter valve pipe to the throttle body is to replicate the same connection which we did. We spent a lot of resources developing and manufacturing this factory style connection for this reason.
The same issue came with the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor seals to the factory diverter valve pipe via a o-ring on the sensor itself. Having a hole in a silicone hose will definitely cause a boost leak as it will not properly seal. Therefore, again we CNC machined our own replica MAP sensor flange that utilizes the same factory o-ring seal.
Our Charge Pipe is available in the same 3 finish options as our intercoolers. It is available in brush (plain) or mirror polish finish standard. It is also available in our Type III Hard Black Anodizing for the stealthy, factory look. An added benefit of the Type III Hard Black Anodizing is that it hardens the aluminum piping and makes it more durable against damage (like dropping the pipe).
The charge pipe kit for the F30 N55 engine features two charge pipes, the upper and lower charge pipes. Both charge pipes are included in the kit and are required for installation.
Please contact us via the contact page form to start a return or exchange. The return/exchange process must be started within 1 week of delivery, after 1 week we will not be able to issue a refund/exchange. A 20% restocking fee will be applied to any return once the order has been shipped. For any questions regarding returns or exchanges feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us via the contact form and we would be happy to help.
You can find additional details on our return and exchange policy here.